The Odd Couple

History and information on Moorcourt near Oakamoor, and the appalling way private residents have been treated.

Moderator: Admin

The Odd Couple

Postby Admin » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:54 pm

The Odd Couple

Recently I have taken the time to analyse Peter Thornley and Lyn Rigby together. Although I have made some observations of them as individuals, I haven't done so as a team or as partners.

So, what is the attraction? They are a mismatch to me and unlikely to ever have been attracted under normal circumstances, and even then the relationship still doesn't add up.

To take this further and as an analogy, I have to borrow an experiment from Professor Eric Laithwaite. Not psychology or mind bending, but magnetism. Magnetism was Prof Laithwaites particular interest and as most people will understand of it, will know it involves a north pole and a south pole.

Taking the experiment a little further most of us know that like poles repel, whilst unlike poles attract. So what do you do to change this, when under normal circumstances two like poles would normally have nothing to do with each other? There needs to be a common catalyst. In the case of the magnets Prof Laithwaite demonstrated a method which would bring both repelling poles together. If we place a small piece of ferrous metal ie steel against the north pole it will be attracted to the magnet and cling to it. So what will happen when we bring another north pole close to the original north pole but now with the small piece of steel separating them. Surprise they now cling to each other.

So what is the conclusion? Where we would normally not expect an attraction we find one that does exist, but only under certain circumstances.

Regarding the 'odd couple' what is the attraction? Could it be that they have found some kind of harmonisation through spiritual awareness, or a shared vision of helping others, especially those in need? A shared desire to achieve social recognition, and the adoration of fans? Like giving a couple of quid to help an African village so that they can have clean water to drink, that feel good, self satisfaction that you have done 'something'.

No, it is none of those things ........... it's money.

Why do I think like this? Well it goes back to something Mrs Rigby said, in fact several things that she has said.

If we go back to my first encounter with Mrs Rigby in summer 2016, which was after learning of her potential involvement in Kendo's latest angle. I had contacted her to make sure that she was fully aware of the circumstances at Moorcourt and she confirmed that Thornley had told her that he owned 'all' of the estate. She said that she was shocked and now very confused, I explained to her that he didn't own all the estate this was all news to her, she said. She went on to say, (by now we were exchanging emails), that she didn't know how she was going to face up to these revelations and felt very uneasy about the forthcoming wrestlers reunion in Kent (2016). She said that she no longer looked forward to the event.

That same weekend, I was to have surgery and said I would not be able to contact her for several days. Once able, I did make contact with her, and despite what would appear to have been a disastrous occasion, it turned out to be quite wonderful, and she was singing everyone's praises.

This seemed rather odd behaviour to me, as on the Saturday she was worried sick, but by Tuesday she was full of good spirits. So what changed? Absolutely nothing, she wasn't bothered about the dark past of Kendo or his nasty behaviour towards his neighbours, nor was she concerned about the impending HMRC claim for £1.4 million pounds. She gave the impression that she was listening to me, but, it seems it was all a show. She has been in on it from the beginning it seems and she has betrayed my trust.

Something else she said quite recently was in an interview for BBC Outlook programme. She was recounting her first visit to Moorcourt, and she went on to say "as I turned onto the estate by the top lodge, I knew this is what I wanted".

In 2016 I had to undergo further trauma in a court case which involved some people who desperately wanted property that I owned in Stoke on Trent. These people had conspired with others with a view to cause me to go bankrupt. The outcome of which would not only mean the loss of my commercial property, but also my home. Fortunately that didn't happen. But the experience has had a large impact on myself and my family, both financially and psychologically.

Whether it is paranoia or coincidence, I don't know, but as this case concluded, almost immediately Thornley started proceedings against me. He must have known that we had been dented and so would Rigby. Did she have her eyes on our home, the top lodge? Perhaps, but unknown to both of them we had won an appeal in the first case, a complex case which is still ongoing (as of May 2019).

In the proceedings brought by Thornley, the judge was not allowed jurisdiction and did eventually have to recuse himself. Thornley was offered another court with another judge either in Manchester or Birmingham, but he declined. A settlement was reached instead, based on the principles of the restrictive covenants at Moorcourt which must be adhered to, which would be binding to both parties. Very strange behaviour and body language on the part of Thornley not to want to go to another court. Recent information which has come into my possession may contain the answer, but that is for another day.

Mrs Rigby's part in this court case was that she allowed our private emails to be used against me as some form of evidence of ill intent rather than clarification of her new benefactor. I will publish the emails in due course. The emails were made in good faith and do not contain anything but truth, but yet again she was prepared to betray my trust.

This is my opinion and nothing more or less than my honest opinion based upon facts as I have encountered them.

I have now loaded the first letter I sent to Lyn Rigby, also the first email. Quite apt considering the current situation and the claims that neither Thornley or Rigby knew about the financial situation. It is quite obvious that they both knew years ago.

http://www.rottentothecore.co.uk/Rigbyfiles/Letter%20to%20Lyn%20Rigby.jpg

http://www.rottentothecore.co.uk/Rigbyfiles/email%20sent%201.jpg

Admin
Site Admin

Return to The Moorcourt Times