How to get a New Years Honour?

History and information on Moorcourt near Oakamoor, and the appalling way private residents have been treated.

Moderator: Admin

How to get a New Years Honour?

Postby Admin » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:57 pm

Whatever the award is - you simply don't ask for one yourself

I've always believed that any kind of honour coming from Her Majesty the Queen, was for an outstanding contribution to the country, or something really special, life saving or innovative, coming very often by surprise to the recipient, the quiet English way, modest and unassuming.

Well things have changed, some people have decided that self nomination is quite acceptable, by posting on a web page for a charity, details of how you could help support a worthy cause, which of course turns out to be an honour for yourself.

Is that acceptable behavior? I consider it to be conceited lack of selflessness, and totally unacceptable, you don't nominate yourself even by proxy, that is a disgusting thing to do and says a lot about the person.

Here is an example of someone potentially asking for an honour by proxy, see Lee Rigby Foundation Facebook 8 February 2021 post referring to Jane Warwick-Hall.

Would you believe it? Yes I would, they've posted again on the Lee Rigby Foundation Facebook, 28 Mach 2021. I can't see how anyone could be fooled, you simply don't push yourself for an honour, it's disgraceful.
Admin
Site Admin

Return to The Moorcourt Times